In 1901 Charles L. Jarvis, great grandfather of the current owner, purchased the Ideal Manufacturing Company. Located close to the Connecticut River in Hartford, Connecticut the company produced nutcrackers and nutpicks. Nine years later, with redevelopment occurring and a need for more space, the company was moved from Hartford to Gildersleeve, CT. By 1910 the company had grown greatly and Charles’ son Marshall N. Jarvis joined the company. Three years later to honor Charles the company was renamed The Charles L. Jarvis Company. In 1934, William F. Jarvis joined his father (Marshall) just prior to the business being moved to a multistory building in Middletown, CT.
In the late forties, the company began working with The General Electric Company hand finishing airfoils, which was to be the beginning of the Jarvis Airfoil business. By the mid-fifties the airfoil business had grown enough to create a wholly owned subsidiary, that we now know as, Jarvis Airfoil, Inc. During the decades that followed, the company successfully expanded into manufacturing the full range of compressor blades and vanes from raw material to finished parts.
In 1980 William Jarvis retired leaving the Jarvis Airfoil, Inc. Division to his son Wal Jarvis. Jarvis Airfoil, Inc, enjoys an exceptional reputation among jet engine manufacturers, delivering quality products with on time delivery. It has concentrated on developing a skillful and dedicated workforce that produces quality products, to the customer’s requirements. Through a continued investment in capital equipment and automated business systems, Jarvis Airfoil will continue to have a steady and profitable growth.