Candidates will set-up and perform all operations relating to the manufacturing of complex, tight tolerance aerospace components produced in multiple manufacturing cells. Responsible for assuring productivity levels are optimized.
- Operating computer numerical control (CNC) and other manufacturing machines, to produce machined parts; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Use blueprints or operation sheets to ensure proper dimensions and tolerance levels for the finished product.
- Measure dimensions of finished product to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions when possible and alerting the appropriate personnel when necessary.
- Regulating machining by utilizing machine instrumentation knowledge, including setting and adjusting controls.
- Meeting production deadlines by following manufacturing schedules and procedures.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- At least 4-5 years of CNC operation experience.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. GD&T knowledge.
- Ability to use measuring equipment – calipers, micrometers, height gauges, indicators, depth gauges, & size blocks.
- Must be accurate, detailed oriented, and quality conscious
- Excellent communication skills
- Process Improvement and Lean Manufacturing
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Portland, CT
Required education: High school or equivalent
CNC Milling: 4 years
CNC Lathe: 4 years
Aerospace: 3 years
Blueprint Reading: 3 years
Mathematics: 3 years
Small Tools: 3 years
GD&T: 3 years
Salary commensurate with experience. $14.00 to $25.00