Maintains quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products; recording quality results. This full time position is now open for both 1st and 2nd shifts.
- Approves in-process and finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Working from purchase orders, special process certifications, operation sheets, blueprints, and other specifications, insure that all parts and materials are in full compliance.
- Perform complex dimensional layout inspection to operation sheet/blueprint.
- Complete Inspection Method Sheets. Verify special process certifications to part specifications.
- Understands and complies with SPIs
- Perform 1st piece/FAI. Knowledge of Inspection Xpert/Net-Inspect a plus. Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- 3-5 years’ experience as an inspector in Aerospace
- Analyzing Information, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
- GD&T Intermediate or better
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills, analytical and shop math skills, as well as working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Apply online or in person at Jarvis Airfoil, Inc., 528 Glastonbury Turnpike, Portland, CT 06480.
Wage to match experience. Medical/dental, paid holidays, 401k, EEOC M/F/D/V.