About the opportunity
Manufacturing engineers are responsible for the technical management, maintenance and development of new and existing production lines. Engineers and technical professionals at Jarvis Airfoil enjoy exposure to a wide range of materials and processes. From complex fighter aircraft to commercial aircraft components. Job responsibilities grow as quickly as your skill set and ambition allow. People that thrive on hands-on tasks, that are mechanically minded, and are passionate about real time problem solving are successful here. Our engineers have the opportunity to work on multiple platforms, multiple processes, and with multiple technical disciplines. Be a part of our team and make an impact on aviation.
Design, model and/or detail mechanical hardware for a well-known aerospace company.
Duties include the following:
- Design of manufacturing fixturing and gauging, development of manufacturing processes and process sheets, programming of CNC and CMM equipment.
- Troubleshooting and support of manufacturing and quality control processes
- Create solid models and update digital mockups in NX.
- Utilize root cause analysis, preventative and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
- Maintain positive, team relationships with internal and external customers, as well as co-workers
- Continuously improve production processes by implementing Lean initiatives
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- BSME or higher
- 4-10+ years of relevant work experience
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Professional communication skills
- Experience working with MS Office products
- Knowledge of NX or other modeling/drafting software
- Familiarity with Aerospace and Jet Engines is a plus
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- CNC Machine programming experience (EDM, milling, grinding) is a plus
- CMM programming experience is a plus
- US citizenship required
Diversity and Inclusion
Innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to Jarvis Airfoil. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness.
Jarvis Airfoil is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.